Best Knee Brace For Runners in 2021
Runners can definitely run away from anything except for one thing-
You heard us right. It’s that excruciating knee pain that fills your body with extreme discomfort.
But one thing’s for sure, there’s always something here to save the day, and we call them knee braces.
In this article, we will share with you what you need to know about knee braces, their benefits, and even the top-notch knee brace you can pick for yourself!
What Are Knee Braces?
Knee braces are supports that athletes like runners can use in such cases of painful or injured knees.
Besides being the “cure” for knee pain, knee braces are also used to prevent injuries during sports.
Well, like what they said, prevention is always better than cure!
Knee braces are made from a combination of materials such as foam, straps, metal, and elastic materials. They definitely come in various colors, sizes, and designs users can choose from.
Users may wear knee braces for the following reasons:
- Structural Support
- Pain Relief
Using Knee Braces For Structural Support
Most of the time, knee braces are recommended by physicians for patients who experience ACL tear or another type of knee injury.
This is because knee braces are a great help to support injuries in its recovery process.
There are three different types of knee braces that provide structural support, such as:
- Functional braces: These are braces that provide additional protection and stability for injured knees.
- Rehabilitative braces: These are braces used for knees in a recovery process due to injury or surgery. Although, this type of braces only offers a limited side-to-side and up-and-down movement.
- Prophylactic braces: These are types of braces that are intended for sports.
Using Knee Braces For Pain Relief
People who suffer osteoarthritis or chronic pain from a previous injury also find ease and comfort through using knee braces.
One example of a knee brace used for pain relief would be unloader braces. These types of braces are commonly used to ease the stress caused by arthritis in the knees.
This brace is built from a combination of molded plastic, foam, and steel struts to ensure a limitation in side movements.
Best Knee Braces For Runners
If you’re looking for a knee brace ideal for weak knees, here are some of the best products out in the market you can choose from.
The great thing about the Shock Doctor Hinged Knee Brace is that it keeps the user’s knee well supported despite the knee condition being experienced.
This knee brace is used best for recovery after a knee surgery. The Hinged Knee Brace is made with Aluminum hinges on both sides of the brace to make sure that it bends in sync with the user’s knees while providing support.
As this brace provides lateral support, it’s also highly recommended for seniors.
The Hinged Knee Braces is perfect for runners as:
- It ensures knees stay put during strenuous movements (like twisting and hyperextension)
- Since it is made from cotton and neoprene fabrics, it provides maximum comfort.
- Offers compression support for soft tissue
- Provides joint alignment and relief
- Helps in boosting therapeutic heat to improve blood flow for recovery of tendons and muscles
Shock Doctor Hinged Knee Brace specs:
- Assist in the prevention and recovery of medial and lateral instability, arthritis, hypertension, minor ligament sprains, and meniscus injuries
- Made with antimicrobial and airflow vent technology to reduce odor, moisture, and bacteria.
- Built with heavy-duty bilateral hinges to ensure maximum support and comfort while moving
- Made with a four-way stretch Lycra mesh
- Designed with a pre-curved anatomical design
- Flexible side stabilizers
- Easy-grip tabs
- Latex-free premium stitching
Take note that this product is generally intended to have a close-fitting for better protection. Thus, expect it to fit small.
We highly recommend to size up when buying this product to experience maximum comfort.
Another great knee brace you can check out is the Bodyprox Knee Brace.
What’s great about this knee brace is that it offers excellent comfort while you’re in the middle of doing your regular physical activities.
With its well-engineered high-grade materials, this knee brace will guarantee your skin will be free of any form of irritation while enjoying utmost breathability.
Aside from that, this knee brace also provides great compression and support that will certainly fit your active lifestyle.
Bodyprox Knee Brace specs:
- Made from 63% SBR, 32% Nylon, and 5% Spandex
- Universal fit
- Made with flexible stabilizers for pressure relief
- Built with springs on the side and a silicone pad located at the kneecap position.
- They are designed with Velcro Strap to support knee patella.
- Patella Gel Pads for better ease and comfort in movements
- Absorbent and breathable Neoprene material
Last but not least, we have the Knee Compression Sleeve from PowerLix. What makes this product stand out is the fact that it is made with a 4-way stretch capability, allowing users to have ultimate protection and support while doing physical and strenuous activities like running.
Built with a unique technology, this knee brace is ergonomically designed for users to achieve full motion and protection with utmost comfort.
This knee brace is best used for people experiencing:
- Muscle Fatigue
- Any form of knee pain
Powelix Knee Compression Sleeve Specs:
- With its phenomenal protection, the Powerlix Knee Compression offers stable pressure across knee joints.
- Offers knee support ideal for physical and strenuous activities involving tremendous stress to joints (ex: hiking, basketball, running, volleyball.)
- Provides superior support and comfort without sacrificing movement and mobility
- Anti-slip and breathable design (with two silicone gel strips)
If you’re a hardcore runner, may it be for sports or exercise purposes, it’s high time you focus on your knee health.
Secure your knee brace to ensure maximum comfort and prevent injuries while running.
And if it suits you well, get yourself a knee brace to ease yourself of future pain and discomfort.
Are you looking for more health and wellness tips? Check us out here for more!
Check out our store for some cool running shirts